Have no qualms about it; it is only natural to release the excess of gas or air stuck inside your chest, and the act is called burping. Holding it in may cause some serious gastrointestinal discomfort, but also know that letting it out without as much as a thought may indicate serious societal contempt from your side. There’s a way to it that requires not doing it standing merely a few inches from anybody, or at any social gathering. It’s because burping, also known as belching, ructus, or eructation, is usually accompanied with a displeasing sound and a foul odor of the food you may have eaten. But you got to do what you got to do! However if you’re unable to do so, and the air inside you is causing discomfort; go through the following lines that explain how to make yourself burp.
How To Make Yourself Burp
- First things first! There’s a middle secondary school fact that you should know: gas goes up; even if it’s inside you. Keeping that in mind, the first thing you need to do when you feel the urge to burp is that you stand up or at least sit up. It’s highly unlikely that you’ll be able to burp while lying down. If this doesn’t work, move on to the next step.
- If you are unable to release the trapped up gases or air in your system then you can rely on carbonated drinks such as soda or any other drink with fizz in it. This might just do the trick for you. After drinking any of such drink, you will bring in gas in your system, which, when rises up in a burp may bring other trapped gases up along with it. If even the above doesn’t work, you can move on to the next trick.
- Try to close your mouth and nostrils, not allowing any more air to go inside your system. Now, try to exhale and swallow the exhaled air. By doing this, you’re introducing just the amount of air that is going to burp out. Now burp out! While this trick is useful for burping demand, it may or may not help release the trapped up gas or air inside your system.
- If the above mentioned trick also doesn’t work, you can ask someone to help you with it. Ask your friend to gently pat your back or by rubbing it in circular motions. The trick is similar to what is used in making the babies burp. Doing this stimulates the the trapped up air or gas to rise up.
- This last one may seem a tad outrageous, but it is often known to produce genuine results. It is the act of pretending to burp. Swallow the air and then using your stomach and throat muscles, push the air out of your body. Doing this too often may actually produce real burps, releasing the gas or trapped up air out your system.
- To keep the etiquettes alive at the dinner table or any other formal meeting or in general too; it’s recommended that your burp should go unheard. To keep some sense alive, it’s important that you close your mouth while burping and release the gas through your nose. Let it be as subtle and polite as possible.
If even the above mentioned tricks don’t get you to burp, it’s recommended that you see a physician, as entrapped air or gas for too long a period may cause chest pain and discomfort.