Ever tried making salmon? Do you always end up ruining your salmon dish, either by leaving it too soggy or over cooking it? Result? All that you are left with to eat is dry and flavorless salmon piece. But by mastering a few tips and techniques, you can make your salmon turn out extremely yummy, incredible, tempting and, simply irresistible. For this versatile fish is not only delicious to taste, it is loaded with various healthy omega-3 fatty acids, thereby protecting you from numerous health issues, such as cancer, arthritis, stroke, and heart attack. Thus, this dish gives you umpteen reasons to relish a piece of appetizing salmon every time you find a fresh lot in the market. And to make it even more delicious and fantastic, it is best to broil it. So here are the instructions for broiling salmon that is incredibly healthy and gorgeously tempting.
- Salmon Steaks
- Broiling Pan
- Lemon Slices
- Sea Salt
- White Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- Oven Mitts
- Place an over rack 5 to 6 inches from the broiler coil.
- Preheat the broiler in the oven at high setting.
- Smear the salmon steaks with some vegetable oil using a spoon.
- Season the salmon steaks with sea salt and white pepper. Turn over to coat thoroughly.
- Spread some vegetable oil on the broiler pan and place the salmon steaks.
- Place the broiler pan in the oven and reduce the heat to medium setting.
- Broil for about 5 to 10 minutes, until the top parts of the fish have turned brown.
- With the help of an oven mitt, pull out the oven rack and flip over the salmon steaks, using tongs.
- Slide back the oven rack and broil the salmon steaks for another 5 to 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Before you remove the salmon steaks from the oven, check the temperature by inserting a candy thermometer in the steaks. Should it read 161 degrees F, your steaks are ready to be removed.
- Remove the salmon steaks from the oven and let them sit for sometime.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the fish pieces.
- Time to enjoy scrumptious broiled salmon!
- 1 lb. really fresh Salmon (center cut)
- 1 large Lemon
- White Wine (what you normally drink will do, not cooking wine)
- Garlic Powder
- Basil (dried is fine)
- Broiler Pan
- Rinse the salmon thoroughly and bring it down to room temperature.
- Soak the salmon in ½ cup white wine for 10 minutes.
- Remove from wine, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle some garlic powder and basil, as per your choice.
- Rub the salmon well with the seasonings and leave aside for around 5 minutes.
- Switch on the broiler and heat at high temperature.
- Place the salmon on a broiler pan and squeeze half a lemon on the fish. Do not let the lemon seeds get into the pan.
- Baste some butter or margarine on the salmon.
- Place the salmon under the broiler and broil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the broiler and cover the pan with aluminum foil. Let the fish stand for 10 minutes. The residual heat in the pan will complete cooking the salmon.
- Remove the foil and squeeze the other half of the lemon.
- Slice and serve with your favorite sides.
- Enjoy a nicely broiled salmon that’s flaky, succulent, and yummy!
By learning the correct method of broiling salmon, preparing flavorsome and delectable salmon will never be a problem. Go ahead and enjoy broiled salmon!